Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Marmot Nabu Jacket Review/Preview


Women's Marmot Nabu Jacket

One of the most searched Marmot products in the past year has been the Zion jacket, according to the local Marmot sales rep.  That doesn't surprise me.  In a short time after posting Phil's review of the Zion jacket on this blog, it moved up to the second most read review and is still there.  We have been quite impressed with the Zion Jacket over the last year or so, but as was stated in the review, it isn't perfect.  The best part of the jacket is the Neoshell in a softshell application.  It breathes very well without the cool feeling that tends to accompany Neoshell hardshells.  The downside of the jacket is that it's on the heavy side and it is quite warm, making it a little less versatile during the warmer months.

When I saw the Marmot Nabu jacket at summer OR in July, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  It seemed to me like they took mine and Phil's complaints about the Zion jacket , fixed them, and called it the Nabu.  I am happy to say that the Nabu jacket showed up at GEAR:30 last week, one of the few placed around that have them this early.

*I haven't been able to use it yet, but from trying it on and checking it out in the store, I have not been disappointed.  I think this could be the ideal foul weather active piece for the whole year.

The rest of this Preview/Review/Article can be found here:

http://www.gearthirty.com/blog/2013/01/31/marmot-nabu-neoshell-jacket-preview/


Updates on the performance of this jacket will come as I get to use this jacket a bit.  Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. looks like a nice jacket. does it have enough room to put in a fleece? or even better yet a soon to be polartec alpha mid-layer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The medium was too trim to layer much under it for me. Anything more than an R1 would be a bit too tight. A large (for me) would definitely accommodate some thicker layers, but it still didn't feel too big when worn over a t-shirt. I think an Alpha mid layer under this jacket would make a great, super cold weather active system, or a good system for resort skiing when you think you may do a little sidecountry skinning and don't want to get too sweaty and then freeze on the ski lift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have they fixed the hood from the Zion? Does it fit a helmet now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have fixed it for next year (Fall 2013). This year's Zion's hood is too small still.

      Delete